At PeachTree Place Assisted Living Community, near Ogden, UT, we understand how easy it can be for people with dementia to manage self-care. If the challenges of living with dementia are making life increasingly difficult for you or your loved one, it may be time to consider compassionate assisted living with dementia care services. What […]
At PeachTree Place Assisted Living Community, near Ogden, UT, we understand how easy it can be for people with dementia to manage self-care. If the challenges of living with dementia are making life increasingly difficult for you or your loved one, it may be time to consider compassionate assisted living with dementia care services.
What Is Dementia?
What we call dementia, actually includes several different progressive brain conditions that can result in severe impairments in memory, problem-solving, and communication. Dementia can also reduce your loved one’s mobility, coordination, and balance, leading to a higher risk of slips, trips, or falls.
The Difficulties Of Living With Dementia
As you may know, people living with dementia can experience increasing difficulties in essential areas of life. Are you having trouble with any of the following?
- Medication Management
- Essential Daily Tasks – such as eating, maintaining personal hygiene, and using the restroom.
- Caring For Pets
- Navigating Local Neighborhoods
- Managing Personal Finances
Dementia Care In Our Senior Community
If you or a loved one is struggling with basic self-care, forgetting essential responsibilities, or frequently becoming lost or disoriented, it might be time to seek assistance. We can help.
- Increased Opportunities For Socialization – Dementia can result in social isolation and withdrawal from friends and family. This increased isolation can even lead to depression, which may then worsen the symptoms of dementia. Members of our tight-knit community enjoy spending time together, going on outings, attending social events, and participating in club-based activities.
- Full & Partial Hygiene Assistance – Forget about struggles with bathing, grooming, and dressing. Decrease the danger of being accidentally burned when bathing or showering. We can help you stay safe and healthy while taking care of these sometimes-challenging tasks.
- Medication Assistance – Self-administering medication can be dangerous for seniors living with dementia because memory loss makes it easy to miss a dose or to overdose. Our well-trained staff can help ensure that your loved one takes the correct doses at the proper time.
- Transportation – Changes in coordination, spatial perception, information processing, and decision-making abilities can make driving with dementia very dangerous. 60% of people with dementia will wander and become lost, even when in a familiar location such as their home neighborhood. At PeachTree Place Assisted Living, our community members enjoy frequent trips and outings via our activity bus.
- Increased Access To Healthcare – Seniors who live alone might not always realize their health needs and thus struggle to seek essential medical care. Residents living in our senior apartments have access to on-call emergency medical assistance, 24-hour nursing care, and even a foot clinic.
We Care About Dementia Care
At PeachTree Place Assisted Living, our caring staff can help you or your loved one with our specialized dementia care and Alzheimer’s care services. If you would like to learn more about our community, call today and schedule a tour of our senior apartments near Ogden, Utah.